Afternoon Shark Cage Diving Simons Town
11h30 at our shop in Simons Town.
From designated pick-up points in and around Cape Town – special transfers can also be arranged.
4 Hours at sea.
Small groups – maximum 10 plus crew
5 divers – No experience necessary – 20 minutes’ cage time
Snacks, muffins and sandwiches, enthusiastic and experienced crew, all dive gear and tea / coffee from Saveur Restaurant & 25% off lunch
Afternoon Shark Cage Diving Cape Town
Come Shark Cage Diving with SCUBA (hookah system). No experience is needed!
Our trips run from Simon’s Town, which is only one hour from Cape Town.
For the afternoon shark cage diving, we chose to only take small groups on the boat so you can enjoy a comfortable trip in a more personal and exclusive environment.
False Bay is home to a variety of sharks, from the Great White shark, the Broadnose Sevengilled Cow sharks, the Blue and the Mako shark, and the beautiful Bronze Whaler sharks. We are fortunate enough to be able to dive with these magnificent species (depending on the season).
Below is the information you need to know about the afternoon shark cage diving trip in Cape Town.
Here is the itinerary of what you need to bring and know before your shark cage diving trip.
- Pick up in Cape Town (Optional)
- PM Trip to meet in the shop at 11.30 pm.
- Do not be late. The boat will not wait for you.
- Departure 12.00 PM. Departure to Seal Island False Bay, (or Cape Point).
- The boat will do a tour around Seal island, doing an inspection lap with the aim of choosing the best spot to anchor up with regard to wind and swell direction and start diving.
- The itinerary will slightly change if we go to Cape Point.
- The shark cage is lowered into the water and secured alongside the boat. A bait line is put in the water as well as the carpet seal decoy. These are used as attractants for the sharks. They are surface feeders and are very curious animals. Please note that the aim is not to feed sharks. We are NOT an adrenaline outfit and we do not touch sharks.
- Start cage diving. All dive gear is provided. We use scuba gear and snorkel.
- If you do not wish to dive, you will still have excellent views of the sharks as we have a lovely viewing deck on the boat.
- We have a cooler box with snacks and drinks on board which you are welcome to help yourself to.
- 16.00 PM Return to Simon’s Town.
JANUARY TO APRIL: Shark cage viewing and shark cage diving.
MAY TO AUGUST: Combination of Great White shark breaching, predation, viewing and shark cage diving. We may dive with other sharks depending on what sharks are currently in the area.
SEPTEMBER TO JANUARY: Shark cage viewing and shark cage diving. Typically sharks seen during these months are the Broadnose Sevengilled Cow shark, the Blue and the Mako shark and the Bronze Whaler shark.
- Rain/wind jacket
- Sun block and Hat
- Beanie and scarf
- Your swimming costume
- Camera (we sell disposable underwater camera’s)
- Take sea sick tablets
- Do not over indulge in alcohol the night before as you will be horribly sea sick.
Please Note: We have a very high success rate, but we are working with wild animals. Please be aware of this, so you do not arrive with unrealistic expectations. Shark sightings and activity are never guaranteed and even during peak season there may be days when the sightings are lower than expected. No refunds will be made for non-sightings.
The price of the trips is R2995,00 per person excluding transfers. A transfer is R750 a person. We do not encourage children younger than 8 on the boat as its a long day at sea for them. Should your child wish to shark cage dive, it will need to be with a parent and at the discretion of the skipper.