Shark Cage Diving Cape Town
Come Shark Cage Diving with SCUBA (hookah system). No experience is needed!
Love sharks? Great White’s and smaller species? Come on the best shark cage diving trip or shark viewing trip with the people that truly share your love for them.
African Shark Eco-Charters is one of the best shark cage diving companies. We operate in Simon’s Town, which is just one hour away from Cape Town. Since 1996 we have been specializing in shark cage diving, shark breaching, shark viewing, and filming trips. Great White sharks, as well as all the stunning sharks that call False Bay home, are our life and our love and we are privileged to be able to share our passion and our knowledge with you.
We are a top shark diving company and run the safest operation in False Bay. We will not compromise your safety or enjoyment of your trip by going to sea in unfit or inclement conditions.
Our aim is for you to experience your shark viewing, shark cage diving and great white shark breaching trip (in season) in the shark’s natural environment, with our “first do no harm” approach, while managing our environmental footprint as much as possible. We are an environmentally sensitive company. We would like to introduce you to our other local species, with information, antidotes and memories.
Morning Shark Cage Diving Trip
We provide a natural encounter with the various shark species of False Bay, allowing you to observe them from the shark cage.
Afternoon Shark Cage Diving Trip
We chose to only take small groups on the boat so you can enjoy a comfortable trip in a more personal and exclusive environment.
Blue and Mako Shark Diving Trip
This adventurous trip takes you 5-25 miles off Cape Point in search of pelagic sharks such as the magnificent Mako and Blue Sharks.
5 Day Shark Trip
10 Day Shark Trip
Cape Point Safari
Kelp Forest & Seal Scuba Dive
Seal Snorkeling in Simonstown
Cape Point Fishing
Wanna go Shark Cage Diving with the experts?
African Shark Eco-Charters vision is to provide a natural encounter with the sharks of False Bay in the magnificent False Bay, Cape Town, through education and experience.
- To have a passion for sharks and other marine animals, portray it and to pass it on.
- To portray sharks for what they are: Amazing Apex predators
- To be completely honest and transparent with our guests. We will correctly inform guests of latest sightings, weather and prices etc.
- To ensure the highest possible standards in the shark industry.
- To be democratic: To promote good relationships within the company between individuals’ no matter our differences in race, background, beliefs and sexual orientation.
- To be non judgmental of the different cultures of our guests.
They say that true passion is when you take what you love and turn it into your work and this is how African Shark Eco-Charters was born. We are privileged to be able to have done this. Being with the great white sharks is what we love. And we want to share this with you.
For years now we have been changing perceptions and instilling a love for great white sharks in others. Whether it be our guests, photographers or film makers, they walk away with a positive attitude and in turn pass that onto others.
We are the best shark diving company in Cape Town and we run the safest operation in False Bay. Our aim is for you to experience your great white shark breaching or cage diving trip in a natural environment, putting sharks first with our “first do not harm approach”, and managing our environmental footprint as much as possible. We will also not comprise your safety by going to sea in unfit conditions. We are environmentally sensitive.
- We are a first rate shark cage diving company and shark expert and owner Rob Lawrence personally takes a majority of the tours.
- Our testimonies and being the first choice to many of the top safari companies in SA, Namibia and Botswana speak for themselves.
- In False Bay we are the only company who you can scuba dive in our shark diving cage. Others make you “hold your breath or snorkel”.
- We operate from Simon’s Town, only one hour from Cape Town. Why drive hours away to go shark cage diving?
- We dive 4-5 in a shark cage. Don’t be one of 8 in the shark cage!
- In peak season, you can experience great white shark cage diving and breaching.
- Eco-sensitive. Your shark cage diving trip is managed in an ethical, socially responsible manner.
- We only take small groups on our boat. We won’t squeeze in another guest, promise!
- We cater for 5-10 day great white shark cage diving trips, photographers, film documentaries & film shoots.
Shark Cage Diving Trips
Come visit the sharks of False Bay, Cape Town on one of the best eco-friendly shark cage diving trips to Seal Island. We’ll also introduce you to many other shark species during our shark cage diving tours. Come and meet the Great White Sharks (in season), the Broadnose Sevengill sharks (also known as Cow Sharks), the Blue and the Mako sharks and the Bronze Whaler sharks or “Bronzie’s”, from the safety and security of our shark cage, where we offer compressed air on every dive.
Whether it is a land or sea adventure you are after, we will make your adrenaline-filled dream a reality in the safest and most eco-friendly way.
Multiple Day Shark Cage Diving Tours
For shark enthusiasts and photographers, our multiple day shark cage diving tours are the perfect opportunity to get to know the sharks. We offer 5 and 10 day shark tours and will take you to the best shark spotting areas of False Bay, Gansbaai, Plettenberg Bay and Mossel Bay
Latest Blog Posts
African Shark Eco-Charters has won the Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence every year since 2015. Read reviews from our many fully satisfied guests or tell the world about your experience with us on TRIPADVISOR!