Shark Cage Diving Safety – Do’s & Dont’s On The Boat
When it comes to the safety aspect of shark cage diving, this is never overlooked. Shark cage diving safety is naturally extremely important and divers can be certain that African Shark Eco-Charters follows all the necessary safety procedures and regulations.
We comply with a strict set of safety rules and regulations set out by SAMSA (South African Maritime Safety Authority). Before embarking on a shark cage diving trip, a safety briefing is conducted. The location of all safety and emergency equipment is pointed out to the guests. A full medical first aid kit is available on board and our crew are trained to handle emergency situations. This relieves the worry of our guests so that they can relax and enjoy their shark cage diving trip with us.
During the shark cage diving trip, there are a few do’s and dont’s that guests need to comply with. These include:
- Pay attention and listen carefully to the skipper during the safety talk.
- Take note of where the life jackets and safety equipment are.
- Only 6 persons allowed on the viewing platform at a time.
- Don’t walk to the bow (front) of the boat when the boat is “running”.
- No smoking.
- No littering in the ocean.
- No touching or poking the sharks with any objects.
- Do not put your hands or arms outside the shark cage.
- Obey the dive master or crew when in the cage at all times.
- No jumping or diving overboard.
- No interfering with any of the marine/wildlife.
- If you feel you need to be sick, please do not get sick in the cabin, but rather over the side of the boat.
[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”][/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]