Blue & Mako Shark Trips - Simonstown
This adventurous trip takes you 5-25 miles off Cape Point in search of pelagic sharks such as the magnificent Mako and Blue Sharks.
Search for the magnificent Blue and the Mako sharks. And we offer an adventure to view these pelagic sharks! Book with us now!
06h30 Sharp on the Simon’s Town Pier.
From hotel/guest house’s in and around Cape Town.
5-7 Hours at sea.
Small groups – maximum 12.
FREE DIVE OR CAGE DIVE:
Free dive with our divemaster on scuba or cage dive– No experience necessary.
Snacks, muffins and sandwiches, enthusiastic and experienced crew, all dive gear and tea / coffee from Saveur Restaurant & 25% off lunch
Blue & Mako Shark Trips – Simonstown
This adventurous trip takes you off Cape Point in search of pelagic sharks such as the magnificent Mako and Blue Sharks.
This is a beautiful trip as you get to see Cape Point from the ocean and it offers stunning sunrise photo opportunities.
With an array of colour from azure coloured waters to the spectacular silver Makos and cobalt coloured Blue sharks, one’s imagination is transported to a world beyond the sea.
Blue sharks are streamlined and can reach lengths of up to 3.5 metres. They have well-developed eyes enabling them to see visibly both in deep waters or surface situations. One of their most prominent features are their long pectoral fins.
Shortfin Mako sharks, are silver and bluish in colour and are more stoutly built than the blues reaching lengths of over 4 meters. Mako’s are the fastest swimming shark species.
Join us on this breath-taking trip to experience the pelagic sharks of the deep.
- 06.30 Arrive at Simon’s Town Pier for a welcome and safety briefing.
- 07.00 Depart for Cape Point.
- 08.00-08.30 Arrival at dive site.
- Bait and wait for sharks.
- Either cage dive, or free dive with scuba ( licence required) with our dive master.
- Our time at sea is based on shark activity and sea/weather conditions.
- Departure and arrival at Simonstown from 13.00 onwards
- Wetsuits and snorkel gear
- Snacks and sandwiches
- Rain/wind jacket
- Sun block and Hat
- Beanie and scarf
- Your swimming costume
- Dive gear if doing open water dive
- Dive card if doing open water dive
- Take sea sick tablets
- Do not over indulge in alcohol the night before as you will be horribly sea sick.
Please Note: We have a very high success rate, but we are working with wild animals. Please be aware of this, so you do not arrive with unrealistic expectations. Shark sightings and activity are never guaranteed and even during peak season there may be days when the sightings are lower than expected. No refunds will be made for non-sightings.